Nourishing and easy-to-enjoy creamy vegetable stew.
Keep the kids and the adults happy with a nostalgic taste of cream stew, a Japanese childhood favourite, using these handy stew roux packs. Making the most of the natural comforting sweetness present in nutritious vegetables, including sweet potato, cabbage and onion, fortified with calcium to help develop bones, this roux can be added to your favourite meats and vegetables for perfect stew every time.
Curries and stews are a dinnertime favourite in Japan. The popularity of sauce mixes such as this means that it is relatively easy to make a delicious and filling main meal at home in less than half an hour.
How To Use
• Stir fry 10g meat and your favourite vegetables (onion, carrots, and potatoes are suggested) in a saucepan in some oil until the meat is browned.
• Add 200ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 15mins.
• Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 3 mins. Add one packet of the roux.
• Heat on low until all the roux has dissolved and the stew has thickened.
• Stir well and then serve with rice.
Category:Curry & Stew
Size: 60 g
• Energy: 1899kJ/454kcal
• Fat: 21.6g
• Carbohydrate: 64g
• Protein: 1g
• Salt: 7.1g