Nourishing and easy-to-enjoy hayashi stew.
Keep the kids and the adults happy with a nostalgic taste of hayashi stew, a Japanese childhood favourite, using these handy stew roux packs. The mellow and gentle flavour of sweet potato, tomato, mushroom, onion and cabbage can now be enjoyed without hours upon hours of simmering vegetables. Simply break up these roux cubes and throw into your stew pot for an authentic, thick, glossy and flavoursome hayashi sauce in no time.
Curries and stews are a dinnertime favourite in Japan. The popularity of sauce mixes such as this means that it is relatively easy to make a delicious and filling main meal at home in less than half an hour.
How To Use
• Stir fry 15g meat and your favourite vegetables (onion, carrots, and potatoes are suggested) in a saucepan in some oil until the meat is browned.
• Add 200ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 15mins.
• Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 3 mins. Add one packet of the the curry roux.
• Heat on low until all the roux has dissolved and the stew has thickened.
• Stir well and then serve with rice.
• Energy: 1562kJ/373kcal
• Fat: 6.7g (of which Saturates: 2.7g)
• Carbohydrate: 73.3g (of which Sugars: 70.7g)
• Protein: 4g
• Salt: 10.7g
Ingredients and allergens
Tapioca Starch, Sugar, Tomato Powder, Salt, Fructose, Shortening (Palm Oil), Sweet Potato, Dextrin, Mizuame Starch Syrup Powder, Seasoning (Amino Acids), Mushroom Extract Powder, Caramel Colouring, Vegetable Extract Powder (Onion Extract Powder, Chinese Cabbage Extract Powder, Yeast Extract Powder), Onion, Vegetable-Flavoured Palm Oil, Yeast Extract Powder, Emulsifier